1.01.2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2008.

I am sad to see 2007 go, it was a good year...but I feel great anticipation for good things this year.

I've tried to start the year well, by making some things. As we approach the beginning of the quarter I can feel my sewing time slipping away. *sigh* School is not back in session yet, and I already feel behind.

Now that Jaxon has graduated to the Toddlers room at daycare, he needs a couple of big boy items to take to school.

Jaxon gets to sit at the table now when he eats instead of at a portable high chair. He can take his lunch in his new cowboy lunch sack. The cowboy fabric was left from one of the bags I made his teachers, and the sack is lined in red with iron on vinyl for durability.

I modified a pattern from "Sewing Packs, Pouches, Seats & Sacks," a book I picked up at the library.


Also, Jax now naps on a cot at school. No more crib! His teacher requests that we bring a blanket and small pillow for nap time. We have a blanket I got last year at a Christmas sale that is really cute and practical for school. It's blue fleece with big graphic robots. I made a fleece pillow to match. This is my first machine applique, and I probably shouldn't have chosen fleece. Much too stretchy!

Let's pretend Mr. Robot is supposed to be funky and not wonky. Domo Arigato.


And finally, after dinner tonight Jaxon got a little treat of ice cream. I think he likes the new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails