8.15.2011

Did I blog about this?

Do you do that? Do you take photos of some little thing, thinking "this will be great for a post," and then never get around to blogging about it?

I do. A lot. My iPhoto is riddled with photos of events and small projects I never got around to posting. I have a folder of color corrected photos sitting on my desktop ready for blogger. But I am usually on to the next big thing.

Here's a couple of small things I came across recently that I never shared with you.


A tried my hand at making salsa verde. Our health center emailed a recipe, and because it is my favorite of the salsas at Casa I had to try it. Not as good as Casa's, but still pretty good.


I made Jaxon's friend Evelyn a bandana dress for her cowgirl-themed birthday. I used this tutorial, but modified it to accommodate a lining. After washing (which I deemed necessary due to the stiffness of the cotton), the pink bandana seemed a little thin. The other problem with pre-washing bandanas? Shrinkage. Which isn't that big of a deal, there's still plenty of fabric for coverage, but is it too much to ask that two matching bandanas shrink uniformly? I will try to get a photo of Evelyn wearing her dress, I hear from her mom she quite likes it.

I can't type the word "shrink" without typing "shrinky" and having to delete the "y." Why is that? I don't often type "shrinky dinks." Or ever. Shrinky.

Now I want to make shrinky dinks.

edited to add: I had a request from a no-reply commenter for the salsa verde recipe. Here it is -- I hope you come back and find it!

6 comments:

eye to eye said...

That salsa looks yummy. Would you mind posting the recipe. Thanks!

Rose said...

The bandana dress is so clever and cute. It will get lots of use.

~Michelle~ said...

I know some little girls who would love a cute bandana/pillowcase dress, I should make one!

Mama Bear said...

Yummy salsa!
I have an ongoing list of things I want to get posted that never do.
Sweet dress too! Jaxon's got a lucky friend.

MJ said...

LOL Shrinky dinks! Whenever I think of Shrinky Dinks, I'll think of you & this post now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails