1.17.2007

Fabric Wednesday!

Today I purchased my fabric for my online quilting class. I had thought I wanted to do a black and white quilt, but the quilt we're making for class is tonal in nature, so I'd need to add gray. Then I thought perhaps a novelty quilt, one for Valentine's Day, maybe? Or cherries (I DESPERATELY want to find this)?

AHHH, but then I visited the quilt shop on the square in Nelsonville, Nelsonville Quilt Co. The ladies there were great and I got some FABULOUS fabric -- I was the first to buy it. I'm guessing retro mod isn't that popular in Nelsonville!

Here is the quilt we are making for class:



And here are my fabrics:



FABULOUS! The two funky prints are Henry Glass (the Spiral Collection). The "solids" (none are actually solid) are from RJR (the light gray and the black) , Moda (the charcoal gray and the orange), and Hoffman (the green).

I was afraid the quilt pattern is too country, but the ladies at Nelsonville Quilt Co. promise me with these fabrics my quilt will be far from country!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails