5.22.2008

In a blink of an eye....

...almost two weeks have passed. AH, spring quarter.

Here's what I have been meaning to tell you about!

I received this beautiful little quilt from Ginger of Paisley & Polkadots in the Four Seasons Quilt Swap for Spring. Ginger was inspired by a bib of her daughter's -- and I have the same bib for Jaxon in blue! Kismet! I can't decide what my favorite part of this quilt is: the sweet pink hand quilting around the squares or the pieced back that makes the binding pink AND green. Thank you so much Ginger, I love it!!


And speaking of sweet gifts, here is a collage (because the pictures came out so poorly) of my Mother's Day gifts. The necklace on the left was made for me by Jaxon at school. Wooden beads + finger paint + glitter = gift goodness!! The necklace on the right is from Charlie and Jaxon (and I assume the pets) and was purchased from The Vintage Jewelry Box on Etsy. The bottom shot is of a tote bag and notepad (and sweet Jaxon) from my sister–in–law. The bag is super cute and the perfect size for carrying Jaxon's things to and from daycare.


And here are a couple more works in progress. If only I could finish something....

A sneak peak of my Ohio Sky quilt, began in class and finally assembled. Now I need to add the border and the top will be done.

One completed square of what I am calling my funky star quilt. This was begun WAY BACK when I took an online quilt course and I just now have the confidence to start assembling. I would have 6 more squares to show you but something is up with the tension on my machine. *sigh*

For those of you stateside, enjoy the long weekend. I have lots of grading to do, but first we have tickets to see Indiana Jones tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to the film, but I think I am even more excited to visit a movie theater!

3 comments:

Louise said...

Wow I LOVE the funky star quilt - how gorgeous is that fabric. Enjoy the movie - I haven't seen one for some time!

Molly said...

Wow what an awesome swap gift! I totally love it. That Ohio sky quilt looks great too!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh lucky girl to get a quilt from Ginger!!! I LOVE your funky star -- can't wait to see more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails