That head cold from the weekend has moved into my chest and seems to have developed into a bronchial infection. With a prescription from my doctor in hand, I've spent the last couple of days at home. It's hard work chasing after a 3 year old any time, but especially with a cold.
I did get some grading done, and took a stab at crossing some things off my to do list. The problem is many of my projects are at that point that is less than enthralling for me. I like the design and construction.
So that means I sat down today to use up some more of those Holiday charity blocks, this time in a smaller lap quilt. It's currently about 40" by 54".
What do you think, white borders or no borders? I have plenty of white donated by my grandmother...
Also, I want to send a great big thank you to Lynda for sending me 8 yards (!!) of fabric to use as backing. That thank you also extends to Molly, Annette, and Wendy R. who all volunteered to quilt *AND* donated the batting for each of their respective projects. Thank you all for your generosity!
I was supposed to be finishing the quilting on my Halloween quilt. I found a tutorial for spider web quilting over at 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting. The problem is she makes it look much easier than it really is! I practiced a bit and decided to try loopy FMQ instead.
As usual I was on a roll and doing *okay* until I had to change the bobbin. Tension problems galore! So I popped in a different bobbin. Same problem. So I gave up. I'm not thrilled with the black thread, it stands out a little too much, but I don't hate it enough to pull it all out. I hope to get the rest of this quilted before Halloween.
Both times I typed "bobbin" in that last paragraph, I actually typed "boobin." Nice.
One bright point in the weekend: Jaxon learned to wink! Yay!