10.29.2010

Quilt Market Day 1: Sample Spree

I got in to Houston today, checked into the hotel (which is surprisingly nice) and headed to the convention center to pick up my info. I snuck a peak at the exhibit hall floor during set up:




That's a lot of quilts. And if you look closely you'll notice....




..a booth with a car! I can't wait to hear the story about this!

I walked around downtown a bit, and hung out in the hotel until spree.

What can I say about spree? A lot of people, really eager to get into the ballroom, some good deals, but a bit overwhelming. I ended up with this:



clockwise from upper left: Moda Sudoku set of Lovely by Sandy Gervais, three pattern set from Serendipity Studio, fat quarter set of Celebrate Seuss from Robert Kaufman, charm packs of Santa's Chocolate Shoppe from StudioE, a pair of embroidery scissors, and a fat quarter set of Little Menagerie by Melanie Hurlston for Windham


Good times!

So far I've met some awesome people, not including the woman standing behind me in line for spree. She said my boot/skirt combo was odd, and apparently also believed me to be hard of hearing. HRMPF!

Tomorrow the exhibits open!

-- Post From My iPad

8 comments:

The WoodLand School said...

I wish I were there with you!!!

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear all the details!

:-0

Cristin said...

I'm so jealous! Have a great time, don't bust your budget too badly :-)

~Michelle~ said...

the woman insulting the boot/skirt combo was probably wearing some fugly colored slacks and thought she was stylin'......puh-lease! Good loot - I'm curious about the sudoku set...does it include a pattern?

MJ said...

Sounds like fun but also dangerous on the pocketbook! Enjoy your weekend!

Trudi said...

LOL clearly the woman behind was just jealous! Would love to know what she was wearing! Great haul from 'spree', enjoy!

Mama Bear said...

I'm super envious of both the fact you're at quilt market and that you got your hands on some of that Dr Seuss fabric.

Boo to the judgemental lady that was probably mad she couldn't pull of your boot/skirt combo.

Anonymous said...

I'm insanely jealous of you being there and I bet the woman behind you was wearing a nana frock!

Kaye Prince said...

Looks like you had a lovely time on your first day! And don't worry about that rude woman behind you - I had some pretty nasty things said to and about me at QM in May; unfortunately it happens!

Related Posts with Thumbnails