10.31.2010

Quilt Market Day 2: Overload

I've been to plenty of trade shows for work. Big ones like Siggraph and E3. But for some reason Quilt Market is completely overwhelming. It took me 3.5 hours to walk all the booths, and I wasn't stopping any longer than it took to snap a few photos.

I woke up extra early this morning (thank you Eastern time), and downloaded the photos from my camera. I quickly realized that I wouldn't have time to post them today! Wow, I was camera happy! I promise to post them soon, but in the meantime here are a couple of highlights...




Lizzy House's cake party. How cute is that cake? I have to admit, I didn't taste it -- Kathy and I were on our way to lunch (name drop much?) but she is super sweet to go to the trouble, and you can see her gorgeous patterns there in the bottom right.




Amy Butler and I at her fabulous booth...we talked for awhile about her pattern co-author/drafter who shares my maiden name. Amy was super nice (as you would expect from us Ohio girls), but that's the great thing about Quilt Market...everyone is nice! Strangely I've run into three women from Ohio -- all from Cincinnati and all fabulous and met some online friends in person (like Anna, Katy, and Brioni) and shared two meals with Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio who is just as cool as you've probably gathered from her blog/shop.

I've met with one art director for a fabric company thus far, and while not a horrible meeting, she wasn't pouring over my fabric samples either. I have a few meetings scheduled for today. Fingers crossed.

-- Post From My iPad

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking good thoughts for you today. Have more fun! Mom

Vickie E said...

You are a lucky girl! I am a tad green that I didn't attend market. I guess I will have to wait for the new stuff like everyone else...
Good luck today with the fabric companies.

Mama Bear said...

It sounds like you're having a great time. Good luck today!

The WoodLand School said...

Marvelous! Can't wait to hear more! Have fun ... and good luck at your meetings today :-)

~Michelle~ said...

You're one of the few who can stand up next to AB and not look short, lol! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

MJ said...

Sounds like quite an adventure! Good luck on your meetings! (PS: I am waiting to see Jaxon photos of Halloween!)

John said...

I can't believe we were both at market and didn't have an opportunity to meet! Surprising, considering I was almost always with Katy & Brioni. Too bad! Maybe next time?? : )

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

you should have had cake! ;-) it was super yummy... even though you didn't have cake i'm glad you came to cake party & that we got a chance to chat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails