We've had lots of snow and ice this week, and we have all stuck pretty close to home. We've had lots of comfort food, a little crafting, and a lot of playing.
I finished three embroideries for blankets this week:
I also had my first Etsy sale! I was very excited to see the email -- then I saw that the buyer was my sister. That still counts, right??
I had an email from Lucy inviting me to take part in a recipe round robin. I'm typing up the recipe for the email, I might as well share it with everyone!
Here is the yummy dinner we had Friday night:
Slow cooker chicken
1 small chicken (3 pounds-ish)
salt, pepper, paprika
1. Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rinse chicken thoroughly in cold running water and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper and paprika and place on top of aluminum foil balls in slow cooker.
3. Set the slow cooker on high for 1 hour, and then put on low for about 8 to 10 hours.
That's it, and it is super yummy. I've done lots of variations including a garlic rub with slices of lemon.
Oven roasted potatoes
1.5-2 pounds of Redskin Potatoes
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and cut up potatoes into 1.5-2 inch chunks.
3. Place potatoes on one layer in a casserole dish (I use a 8" x 10" pyrex dish)
4. Drizzle with olive oil and then season to taste. Stir to evenly spread seasoning and oil.
5. Cover (I use aluminum foil) and bake for about 1 hour. Uncover and bake until browned (about 10-15 minutes).
Super duper easy and everyone (except Jaxon) is happy!
We also played in the snow today.