3.01.2009

Love Complete

I know you are all bored with the LOVE wallhanging, but I did finally finish it. I tried something a little different with the binding, attaching it by machine to the front as usual, but using a running stitch in Perle 8 to attach the back. I like how the red running stitch looks on the front, but it makes the binding a bit large on the back.


And finally something new...I've finally begun my log cabins for the Project Improv charity quilt(s). I selected pink and orange as my color choice thinking that I had the least amount of fabrics in this range (and would have a reason to stash build). I guess I was wrong. I dug through my scrap bin and found *plenty* of orange and pink scraps. Here's my first attempt:

This...

became this...

Yeah, you caught me. I didn't have *quite* enough laid out to make a 12.5" block, so I added a large piece of the woven pink and the orange and white polka dot. This was a lot of fun. I had planned on only making one today -- Jaxon and Charlie have both been sick and I am now behind at work -- but I started another block. I cut myself off, though, after Jaxon's nap and got back to grading.

Also I received my FSQS5 quilt from Rachel:


The "challenge" for this swap was a monochromatic quilt. I chose green. Isn't it sweet? I love the "reversal" in the corners of mostly green to mostly white.


And look at the cute backing fabric! I may have to flip it around on the wall every once in awhile. Thanks Rachel!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

The Improv blocks look great and the love wallhanging is a cutie.

Rachel said...

I like the running stitch effect on your Love quilt (and that backing fabric is so gorgeous too!)
:)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love how you did the red perle cotton on your Love little quilt. Pretty green swap quilt. Love it. Wow your orange/pink block is terrific. Lots of great goodies.

FerJeniB said...

B - You are so talented and creative. I am so proud that you are my sister. - Hugs and Love - Jen

Rumi said...

Pink and orange rock together! Who knew!
Thanks for stopping by my new blog today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails