7.01.2009

Then and Now

Today is our eighth anniversary...sometimes it seems it has gone so fast and sometimes it seems eight isn't a big enough number!

Here we are then....


And now....


I made my honey some lemon bars.


I made *me* a dress (from this free pattern).


Notes on pattern...the cut is very generous. If I make this one again I will cut the top to small/medium (and I am a 37 bust). The elastic thread didn't like me much at first...it worked much better when I stretched a bit when I wound the bobbin. Also, I added an inch and a half to the length, and then cut off four inches when I hemmed -- it's got plenty of length!

I'll try to get a shot of me wearing it soon...perhaps when we celebrate our anniversary this weekend. It's so nice that we get fireworks for our celebration...forget that "other" national holiday!

Thanks to those who showed interest in a Christmas block swap. I'll start organizing after Jaxon's birthday next week.

7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Anniversary Beth! It's a well-loved man who gets Lemon Bars - Yummmmm!!!

MJ said...

Happy anniversary!

I love the finished quilt ~ forget about the crease! You did a much better job free-hand than me ~ mine looks more like scribbles! Using quilting gloves has helped me a lot with my quilting to reduce fatigue/pain. You even managed to appease us with the reversible quilt ~ ingenious!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. What a lovely family you make!

Allison said...

Happy anniversary! And I Love your quilt along quilt, your free motion looks fabulous, isn't it fun?! Thanks for stopping by! -Allison

Related Posts with Thumbnails