11.21.2009

Silence is golden?

Yes in a movie theater. No on a blog.

I didn't mean to ignore my blog. In fact, I have 6 or 7 photos processed and sitting on my desktop, ready for posting. But the usual rigamarole of the end of the quarter somehow got in the way once again.

I need to take a few minutes away from grading to send a big thank you to Katy. She sent me the sweetest Pay It Forward!


The tote is my new favorite library bag. Check out the lining:


Super duper cute! Thanks, Katy!

I keep forgetting to take pictures of my quilting bee blocks. September and October slipped by, I'll have to ask the recipients for some images, but I remembered before sending off November:


Missy chose Maverick Stars, and I am so glad she did! I was planning on making some for my scrappy Christmas quilt and she gave me the kick in the pants I needed. I finished the top of my Scrappy Holiday Block Swap top (this plus borders):


And I have another in the works. Plus the first charity top came back quilted this week, and the last charity project went out (FIVE charity projects in some form of completion!!!). Pictures soon!

14 comments:

beth said...

I really like your christmas quilt! those stars and trees are a great addition to the log cabins! and THANK you for sending those extra blocks to me!! so sweet! It was my first swap and I enjoyed it very much....can't say that I have made my christmas quilt yet...but I will!

calicodaisy said...

Oh, wow! I love the scrappy stars and trees. I think I'll have to copy you. I just discovered the mod maverick stars in the last week and really fell for them!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry my pif took so long to get to you!!!

I am in awe of your quilt - it's fantastic!!!!!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I LOVE that quilt top -- love the stars with the log cabins -- very, very cool!

Dee said...

What a beautiful quilt top! And such a happy Pay It Forward!

Hope things slow down a little!

MJ said...

Don't feel badly that you haven't been around! I am avoiding my blog too! I can't post pics of what I am working on (as Xmas gifts) so will have to wait a bit for my show and tell! I am quite envious of your Xmas quilt! Makes me almost want to make one but then I consider all the other abandoned projects I have lying about! Remind me next year!

Marit said...

Your top is so playful and fun!!!!! Great combo!! I already changed my layout once, inspired by your great layout for the charity top....

Lovely pif tot, too!

Beth said...

Oh, I love that automobile print in the tote bag!!! Your christmas quilt looks so fabulouss!

Indigo Blue said...

This has turned out really well. Once I find a few minutes I intend to complete mine too. Very festive!

susan said...

lovely pif gifties
and that quilt is gahgus!
hopefully we both can get a bit of blogging mojo going again

The WoodLand School said...

This quilt turned out so amazingly awesome! Great block combinations :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails