2.06.2010

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

That title is my best Rosemary Clooney impression. We are covered in a layer of ice and several inches of snow. A great day to stay in and play with this....

I had two gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket -- one from Fat Quarter Shop and one from Pink Chalk Fabrics. Both are now gone! The stack on the left is for my month in my quilting bee; the two pieces of Amy Butler's Love are for a skirt; and the bottom stack contains some fabrics I've been coveting for awhile!

And I got three patterns, one is the skirt I mentioned above, and the other two looked interesting. Also, I finally splurged on the Kona color card...but it's much more than a card. It keeps going and going!

I finally finished my January blocks for Cassie. She asked for windmills of any type, and I love this block! Very fun! I also made the smaller block as a bonus because I cut too many triangles.

And I've been playing with the new camera. Jaxon wants to be in every shot. "Mommy, I SAID cheese!!"

Finally, I am trying to save enough money for the tuition for Heather Ross's Fabric Design Class (I'll worry about the flight and hotel later!!). With that goal in mind, I have added some things to my Etsy store -- and there is more to come.


Recent Additions to My Etsy Store
Originally uploaded by modernjax

8 comments:

John said...

Some potentially bad news ... I've heard (but not confirmed) that the class now has a wait list ... the good news is that you might be able to call and get on the wait list ASAP, hopefully get a good spot, and buy some time to save up the rest of the funds. (I'm sure you wouldn't have to pay unless you get in.)

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've got some nice goodies there and I love the pinwheel blocks!

I'd heard the class was full too. I hope you're already in!

Thimbleanna said...

all that snow sounds wonderful -- we only got an inch or two -- boohoo! Love those cute pinwheel blocks -- and that cute Jaxon!

The WoodLand School said...

Between your fabric, the patterns, and the SNOW ... I must confess that I'm filled with envy right now! That pinwheel block is fabulous, too!

Rebekah said...

your windmill blocks are so pretty! I love the one with the gold in it

Dee said...

Well, Rosemary can wash her hair in snow, 'cause I'm not! LOL

Second snow day here! I like the kids being home, but not the snow.

I really like your split? pinwheel block and the baby block! The fabric is a fiendish find, I must say!

Enjoy and hug your little buddy tight!

Beth said...

oh, can I come play with all those fabric goodies?! We got several inches here over the last two days too. Off to check out your etsy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails