11.28.2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a quick jaunt to Wisconsin to visit my sister's family for Thanksgiving. The ride is long but we were treated to a trip through the Benton County and Fowler Ridge Wind Farms.




We had a yummy meal...


...and I helped my sister clean out her fabric stash. This is what I brought home.


We separated all the fabric into things I could have, things she's not sure about, and things she wants to keep. I told her she must sew *something* in the next six months or I am coming back to take the "maybe" pile.

Upon our return home, I was treated to rainbows...


...and sunshine...


Many things to be thankful for!

7 comments:

FerJeniB said...

B - Had a great time with you guys! Thanks so much for coming up with your guys. Hugs - J

Vickie E said...

that fabric that you brought home..looks awesome! we went to Iowa, Dubuque actually, which is only about 3 miles from WI across the Mississippi.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Jaxon is looking so grown up! It looks like your sister has a great fabric stash too.

MJ said...

My goodness. I won't be inviting you to dinner at my house: my fabric stash would be under threat!

Mama Bear said...

My you have a generous sister...wish I had someone to share their stash with me. Looks like you had a good day.

Rose said...

I was just thinking recently that it's been years since I've seen a rainbow. I keep hoping for one to show Evelyn. Looks like a great trip. Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

Thimbleanna said...

I've heard there are windfarms here in Indiana, but haven't seen them yet. We saw an amazing one in OK -- there were around 200 windmills -- it was pretty cool.

And look at that fabric haul -- it looks like you got some pretty cool stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails