1.09.2011

Resolutions 2011

This year we are all getting into the resolution spirit:

Samantha resolves to enjoy the cold weather, she hates the heat...


Jaxon resolves to practice his angry face, although he never uses it when he is angry -- it makes him laugh!


I resolve to make something from a book or magazine I already own each month. I buy them and then they languish on the shelf (or in the magazine rack). No more! Here's the first for January:

Cosmo Bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches


My sister got me Amy Butler's new book for Christmas. This is my first begin-and-finish of 2011.

Fabric is Michael Miller's Gray Prom (and dumb dot), lined in curtains from Jaxon's nursery. The prom fabric was made for me! Perfect! Look at this young lady spiking the punch:



Too cute! This is designed by Shawn Wallace. She's my favorite and behind most of Michael Miller's novelty fabric.

The bag went together quickly -- I just wish I would have used heavier interfacing for more form.

Those are our resolutions! Oh, and Charlie? He resolves *not* to be on my blog!

-- Post From My iPad

16 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Do most dogs like to wallow in the snow like that? Too funny. She must be frozen!

Jaxon's angry face looks quite serious! :)

I don't buy a lot of magazines but I have a load of books. I need to use them. Each of them have something in them that inspired me. I have quite accumulating them for the most part.

Very cute bag. Sounds like there is a prom story from you in there somewhere! Do share!!! :)

MJ said...

Tell Jaxon that he'll get horrible wrinkles if he persists with that frowning face! He'll regret it later!

Good luck with your 2011 resolutions!

The WoodLand School said...

I just love that you used the punch-spiker for the button!!! Awesome touch!

So ... if Charlie won't be on your blog, should I upload some pix onto mine??? ;-)

Thimbleanna said...

Very Cute Beth -- congratulations on a great finish. And living up to your resolution for January. We don't like Charlie's resolution LOL!

Mama Bear said...

Gah! Love this bag! Great resolution, I too have many craft books purchased last year, still unused. I think you've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Love your bag. I received the same book and have been trying to decide which project to make first. Super fabric choice thanks for posting this. My dogs love the snow too, some days anyways. My bouvier rolls in it. I call it her snow bath.

~Michelle~ said...

Jaxon is the cutest - what a crack up! And I just bought Style Stitches for myself using some Christmas gift cards - have you seen the challenge group? http://www.flickr.com/groups/ss2011/ If I'm going to participate, I need to get crackin'... what did you use for interfacing?

~Michelle~ said...

yeah, never mind... just saw your cute bag in the group pool :)

susan said...

That is one gorgeous bag! Great fabric selection too....i do believe i need me some of that
and yay! for your first finish of 2011

Rachel said...

I'm the same regarding craft books and it's one of my goals to make some projects from them this year too, although I think one a month might be pushing it for me!
And your dog is gorgeous! That's so funny!
R x

wonderwoman said...

Hi Beth, i don't have your email address so i hopeyou don't mind me posting here - do you have my quilt blocks from the christmas block swap - from what i can see it was last mentioned that you had them and were sending them on to Caroll - she says she does not have them, so i'm getting a bit anxious as to where they are.
x

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

That fabric is AWESOME and the polkadot print is a perfect with it. I've been wanting to make myself a bag. I'm digging this type of fabric! :)

Linda Teufel said...

Love this bag/ I'd like to make one too. Probably of sassaman fabric. good talking with you saturday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails