7.12.2007

Tiki Party!

I promised more about Jaxon's Tiki–themed first birthday party, so here it is! I visited Hawaii a couple of years ago and fell in love. Add in my love for Mid-Century Design and that equals an obsession with kitschy Hawaiiana. This is evidenced by my guest room and nursery decor (perhaps more on that later).

So we found Jaxon a Tiki shirt and I got a vintage Hawaiian dress and we were in business!

So here's a look at putting together a baby Tiki party:

Lots of homemade bunting -- all from tropical fabrics I had laying around the house, cut with pinking shears and sewed to double fold wide bias tape.

More bunting and some "No Punch Mai Tai Punch" from the book "Trader Vic's Tiki Party!"

The cake table with the Tiki cake inspired by the divided plate and napkins from Target (the non-existant kitchen is hidden by a table cloth!!)

A close up of the Tiki cake -- made by my favorite bakery, Resch's.

The Tiki head softies made by me!

3 comments:

My Happy Turtle said...

Beth, great job! Everything looks so lovely! Those buntings are fantastic. Now take a day off and relax!

Jane's Designs said...

Beth I love the Tiki heads I bet Jaxon thinks they are too cool. You did a great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails