1.13.2010

Hoop Up Swap

Hoop Up! Stitch and Send Swap is a collaborative quilt block and embroidery swap I joined in December. I've been assigned a group of six other stitchers and we are each to decide on a theme, stitch an initial design, and mail fabrics to our teammates by January 20.

My theme is Ed Emberley–inspired worlds, like this:


Ed Emberley Embroidery
Originally uploaded by modernjax



Ed Emberley is an illustrator who authored a series of books that support his philosophy that with the right elements, anyone can draw! I've asked each of my teammates to choose a city, state, or country to illustrate in Emberley's style. I chose Copenhagen, Denmark.



Ed Emberley's artwork has been licensed for fabric (and other things, too) in Japan. *SIGH* Why won't it come here??

11 comments:

The WoodLand School said...

Wowzers!!! What a super-cool swap! I adore Ed Emberley ... how fun to have a collection of Emberley-style artwork!

Thimbleanna said...

What a cool swap! I'll bet you'll have lots of fun with this one!

jessica said...

Super cool - what a great swap! Your embroidery is so amazing.!

PurlingPirate said...

OMG I love Ed Emberley!!! And fabric to boot!!! (Crossing fingers, please come here, please come here, please come)

Twinfibers said...

it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with for you! any plans with what you are going to do with the embroideries?
You'rs is great and I love the theme of taking a country/or town as the inspiration.

Corinne said...

This is such a great idea and I just love how your sample turned out! I am waiting for my copy of "Make a World" to arrive in the mail - I can't wait!
I didn't know about the fabric - soooo cute, oh my gosh!

Wendy said...

Love the windmill and the little clouds and birds - very fun!
I'm looking for a doll quilt swap to join, have you heard of one?

annette said...

LOVE Ed Emberley. Our kids thought they were the coolest books. This sounds like a great idea. I've enjoyed incorporating quilting and embroidery - a la Cinderberry Stitches, for example!!!

Anonymous said...

I am not a part but my sketch it finished!!!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love this inspiration! You've given me a whole new idea for my own little bee.

Trisha said...

Great work and an equally great swap. Can't wait to follow the progress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails