4.28.2010

Final Stretch

We're now in the last few days of the Hoop Up swap -- and I have two left to go (and my April Bee block, and my hexagons, and my new Bee...).

I spent a little longer on this one than I intended (it's 15" square!!) but it was so much fun. Jennie asked for various size circles in one color. I went with green.


I tried out some new stitches, but I never want to take the time to look them up so I just made them up as I went.


Things have been pretty crazy at work, and Charlie has a cold that I am getting (always at the most inconvenient times!!). And to top it all off, the other morning Jaxon came into the bathroom while I was showering and said he made a mess in the sewing room. Uh oh.

He decided he wanted to "make art" and found his paints (on a shelf I thought was too high for him). This is what I found:


Don't worry, it washed right off.

8 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

errr.... at least he's acknowledging his creative side??? BTW - love the circles :)

jessica said...

Those circles are so cool. And I'm so glad you saved the quilt!

MJ said...

Thank goodness for washable paints! I still hyperventilate when I find the girls in my craftroom nearby my acrylics!!

Unknown said...

phew. Washable paints and markers are my life savers!!!!

LOVIN' those stitched circles - all the hoop up circles I've seen is making me want to quilt a quilt with circles. Possibly a little overambitious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. You don't want to squash his artistic talent, but things are sacred...

How good that he told you straight away and didn't just let you find it later.

Wendy said...

Love your circles! Oh my, paint and fabric, he sure had the right idea!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You seem to have taken is artistic explorations very well!

Circles are wonderful!

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, Jaxon wants to do the fun stuff Mommy does! That's so cute. Love your circles -- that looks like a fun project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails