8.01.2007

Travel Crafts: Day 3



"What is it?" you might ask...A bunch of fleece? Modern art? Well, yes, but it is also a restaurant highchair cover. You know those wood one piece highchairs with a strap that NEVER get cleaned? Well, I have thus far refused to use one with Baby Jaxon. We take our Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat everywhere, but I don't think I'll be able to carry it on the plane. So I whipped up this seat cover from a pattern on Jan Andrea's Web site (of course). I used the recommended fleece so I didn't need to line it or finish the edges. And I made it in about half an hour (which is good because I spent most of the day at the office waiting for the FedEx deliverer to show up). The pattern called for a yard of fabric which is really generous -- although fleece is wider than 45". I have over half a yard left. Maybe a stroller blanket is in order?

1 comments:

FerJeniB said...

B - Very cool! PLUS easier to tote around. Although I dearly love the look of shock on faces when you whip out your own seat for Baby Jaxon at restaurants. have fun on your trip - J

Related Posts with Thumbnails