2.02.2011

One of those weeks...

Is it a bad sign that it is only Wednesday and I am already having one of those weeks? On Monday I locked my keys in my car when I dropped Jaxon off at preschool. I called AAA and they had a local truck dispatched within half an hour. I stood in the cold, windy parking lot with the driver for over an hour trying to get into my car...at which point he gave up. I didn't know they were allowed to do that. The director of the preschool drove me to work and Charlie brought my extra set of keys down when he got off work (an 1.5 hour drive). So I spent the day at work without my dress shoes (skirt and snow boots, anyone?), phone, laptop, wallet, or lunch. *sigh*

Then yesterday we had a weather change (lots of rain) and of course my sinuses FREAKED out and now I am laid up with a horrible sinus headache. UGH!

I am camped out on the couch with some work...but in between projects I get good behavior time to do handwork...


Quilting the pineapples! Yes, the sneaky peek was a pineapple! And I am planning a little block tutorial soon.

I rotate between the laptop and the pineapples, but always have the iPad for movie watching. Thanks to Netflix instant watch I have found a new favorite movie. Not in the way that Toy Story 3 and Inception were my favorites of 2010, but in the way that Mega Shark 3: Megalodon is my favorite bad movie. Mega Piranha is definitely up there. Here is an ACTUAL screen grab from the film.


Yes, that is a member of "special forces" bicycle kicking a giant piranha. This is what cheers me up when I am sick!

Also, I finished my February postcards for the Fabric Postcard Swap. I somehow forgot to take a picture of my Valentine card, but you can see it here at Julia's blog.

This is an everyday card that hasn't been received yet so keep it on the down low!


I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with both work commitments and my crafty agenda. Ohio University is on 10 week quarters (for one more year, and then we go to 14 week semesters). That means from about the third week of the quarter until about the eighth week, my blog gets very little love. I'm trying to be better about that, but here we are in week five and I haven't blogged in two weeks! Take for example my recent trip to IKEA! Prime blogging material! Of course, I picked up some fabric, but also found this towel rack on clearance for $9.


I have no need to hang towels on it, but quilts? Yes please!


I don't really have a place for it, so I put it in the corner of our dining room. Probably not the best place -- quilts and food don't usually mix -- but it is at least a temporary home.

I also picked up a table for Jaxon's room so his growing Lego collection could have a home. He loves it!


I've been thinking about what I want to get done -- crafty-wise -- in the month of February. Here's the list so far...


  • Pineapple Wall Quilt
  • Valentine's "Wreath" (pieces cut)
  • Valentine's Pillow (supplies purchased)
  • Ticker Tape Quilt for Old Red Barn Co. (pieces cut, didn't buy enough backing)
  • Hideaway Quilt (still need more supplies)
  • Pattern Pact February (I've selected my pattern for this month, have you?)

Shew! I need to get on task!

10 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh LOVE that pineapple -- can't wait to see it. Sorry about the key -- must've been VERY painful in this weather. Hopefully your week is getting better. Great find on that quilt rack too!

FerJeniB said...

Beth - Amazing project as usual. I love the top of the pineapple. Amazon Women in the Advocado Jungle of Death is my favorite cheesefest but I am going to give the Megalodon a shot. Marcelo received a Megalodon tooth for Hanukkah from Don. He found it during a dive. We are enjoying a snow day. Hugs - Jen

~Michelle~ said...

I can top you (although it happened circa 2003) - I locked my keys in the car while it was running! Also locked my cell in the car & had to beg the poor guy @ Hollywood Video to let me use a phone to call the insurance company (no AAA in college, too poor) to send out someone to pop my lock. An hour later (and over a quarter tank of gas), I was free to go home. A few years ago, I also managed to lock rental car keys in the trunk - AAA was able to get the locked popped on the door, triggering the alarm on the car...and then it took 5 minutes to find the latch to pop the trunk back open. Super embarrassing!

I'm likin' the pineapple! For some reason, I seem to be drawn to yellow right now, and I have no idea why!

Lynz said...

Ha, I too have locked the keys in the car while it was running! One of the advantages of having relatives within walking distance is being able to run to their houses to use their phones to call your other half to turn round from his journey to work and let you into YOUR house (another mad run away) to get the spare keys. Coz, of course, your own phone and handbag and door keys are in the car. Outside the school. Running.


Sore sinuses - owee!!! Nothing more painful, I think (and I include childbirth here) but without them you would never have discovered the joys of that pirahna so, you know, it's not all bad. *g*

MJ said...

Sinuses? Get a Nettipot. Now. Rinse twice a day. You may never have sinus problems again. Please. I think my sinuses are why I had hearing problems last year. Are you convinced yet?

PS: Canadian toothfairies usually do the under the pillow trick too. The glass trick is a lot easier for the toothfairy. Use food dye to colour the water! Jaxon will love it!

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's a very sucky start to the week. I don't often lock my keys in the car (only once of twice) but do accidentally leave the ehadlights on and drain the battery :-( Wish my car had an alarm for that. Hope your week gets better !! Love the pineapples too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm really loving the pineapple! Too cute!

Guess where the last place I left my keys? In the rental car. The one I turned in. About a 6 hour drive away. Ugh. What a pain in the rear a mishap with keys can cause. I've never heard of AAA giving up.

Molly said...

Lovin the pineapple! Sorry about your key mishap. Last year I locked myself of the house (with my purse and phone inside) on the coldest day of the year and had to wait in my car freezing for over an hour. I just stared my house the whole time wishing I was inside all cozy.

Julia @ Blue-J Cottage said...

I love the pineapple quilt! Did you use a pattern to make it? I would LOVE to make one of those :o) Especially for the honeymoon coming up!

Thanks again for the card, it is beautiful! And thanks for the mention on your blog too. That everyday postcard you made is super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry about your car troubles, I cannot believe he gave up either! Jerk!

Stay warm in this crazy weather!

Brooke said...

I tried to hand sew a quilt binding while half-watching Inception and I got so confused I was a goner!!! My husband kept fussing at me to pay attention. What an interesting movie!

Leave it to Ikea. That towel rack is awesome. They have fun stuff!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails