12.14.2010

SANTA! I know him!

We've been celebrating the Christmas season, making sure we also have plenty of time to relax! My goal for winter break is to do one crafty thing and one domestic thing (cleaning or baking) per day. I've been successful, but part of the problem with Jaxon being home with me is as soon as I clean a room it gets messy again!

I also haven't done Christmas cards yet, and with only 10 days til Christmas I'm not sure if cards will happen. We'll see.

We spent an evening at Franklin Park Conservatory with some friends, where we decorated cookies with Mrs. Claus, and enjoyed meeting Santa and Dasher and Dancer. I was also amazed at the entries in the Gingerbread House competition!

The nutcrackers!


The roof! (This is a gingerbread replica of the Worthington Inn)


The Grinch!


On the crafty side of things, I've had plenty to keep me busy. Two of my recent projects include...


...a sunglass sleeve for my sister (I have a bunch of pre-quilted fabric a student brought me from Japan and I'm not sure what to do with it. This was a great, if small, way to use it)...


....another yarn wreath. I wanted to make it argyle, Jaxon wanted me to wrap it in lights (and he can be persistent!) so I made felt "lights." That kid has some good ideas! More yarn wreaths to come...


...and a mouse costume for Jaxon's preschool winter program. I think it was a success, he's been wearing the tail around the house since!

8 comments:

MJ said...

Jaxon is so cute! Great mouse costume!

The fabric lights on your wreath was brilliant! Way to go, Jaxon!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! Those gingerbread house makers are really throwing down, aren't they? I'm amazed at the detail and how different they'd look from one of mine!

I like your idea of one crafty/one domestic thing a day. There is something to be said for balance!

Lynz said...

Well, gorsh, ain't he the cutest wee moose!!! Bless. And, I have to say, his idea for the lights was inspired!! As was your execution!

Mama Bear said...

Those gingerbread houses are amazing!

Jaxon makes a very cute mouse. And you make a very cute mouse costume and wreath.

I bet Papa Bear would like that one domestic/one craft balance...then he wouldn't have to do the dishes while I sew after the cubs go to bed.

Thimbleanna said...

Jaxon looks so cute in his mouse costume! (And btw, he looks like his mama LOL) Looks like you're having fun and have a great plan for the holidays. Thanks for sharing the gingerbread houses -- I'm looking for lots of ideas for our annual family gingerbread competition!

Beth said...

oh my, those gingerbread houses are amazing! I couldnt belive they were made from gingerbread!
I love your craft thing everyday goal too, I am gonig to try to stick to something like this and but i need include something for myself in the mix too!

The WoodLand School said...

Hold on a second ... what are those santa/gnomes in front of the yarn wreath??? Coveting, big-time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails