3.28.2007

Surplus Auction: Winter 2007

This quarter's surplus auction was a big success. We bought 8 chairs and 6 tables for $27.

These tables have metal bases and white melanine tops. I sold one with a brown top to one of my students. I'm going to use the ones in the best shape as a coffee table/side table in our family room.



These children's chairs need a good coat of paint, but I think they will be really cute. They had really great old school chairs in children's size, but they ended up going for $33 each! These were $5. I also got three office chairs for $1 that I thought we could use at work.



But the deal of the century has to be these three mod chairs I picked up for $1. The armchair is a genuine Knoll tulip chair designed by Eero Saarinen. I looked in to selling it on eBay for a tidy profit, but I think I am going to clean it up and keep it. It's just too cool not to. If anyone knows anything about getting scuffs off fiberglass, let me know.



See more photos at: http://web.mac.com/novakb/iWeb/Site/Chair.html

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails