7.12.2009

Bloggy Friends Meet Up

Courtney and I have been emailing, swapping, and blog-visiting for almost a year now, and when she mentioned that her family would be visiting Ohio we jumped at the chance to get together! We had intended to meet at a local minor league baseball game but standing room only made us rethink that. Instead Charlie and I spent the morning following Jaxon around COSI and met Courtney for lunch, and then her crew of kids and cousins enjoyed the museum.

The disappointing part of missing the baseball game was the 3 or 4 hours we could have had to sit and talk. As it was we filled an hour and a half with non-stop chatting...and of course, gift exchange!

I made Courtney a wristlet to commemorate her journey from Texas to Ohio and as a thank you for knitting me mitts.



But it looks like I still owe her that thank you, as she brought me gifts as well!

This little lidded dish is the color of the paint I bought for my sewing room walls! Until the room is reassembled it is in a place of honor on the shelves.


And the artist who created the bowl also gave Courtney a free berry bowl (actually, I think one for each of us) because of a small crack in the bottom. Beautiful!



Courtney, I enjoyed meeting you so much, and can't wait to meet up again!

4 comments:

Tracey Petersen said...

Just the best part of blogging! Finding and meeting people you would spend time with in real life. Glad you had a good time together.

Beth said...

oh, how fun is that! it must have been awesome to meet up with a bloggy friend in real life! I love that berry bowl too :)

The WoodLand School said...

Hooray for us! It was just wonderful meeting with you -- although the time was much too short!

I love, love, love the Texas/Ohio bag ... it's in my purse so I can look at it 500 times a day :-)

Lynn said...

What fun! I love to meet people that I blog with! You are lucky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails