3.25.2010

Souvenirs

Do most people bring home fabric as souvenirs of a vacation??

I do!

Courtney and I hit up a few Austin quilt shops, with some excellent clearance sections...

Clockwise from top left: Blooms, some Halloween prints, a print each from Pop Garden and Katie Jump Rope, and some Eric Carle prints.

....and we came up with an AWESOME idea for a simultaneous challenge using these fabrics as a jumping off point.

Two rainbow prints from Timeless Treasures and, for my challenge quilt, orange Katie Jump Rope and red something with no selvage.


And when one fabric-aholic visits another, the stash infects them both. Courtney sent me home with some of hers.

A funky skirt I'll be wearing as a capelet, a retro vintage sheet, and my infatuation with Christmas prints continues.


I did come home with some "finished" souvenirs. My favorites:

Three Mexican glass bracelets from El Mercado, and THE BEST fabric bag made by Benjamin. I'm hoping it will fit my new iPad.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

You've got some beautiful fabrics there. I really enjoy all the dots!

The WoodLand School said...

I can't keep my hands off my new fabric stash! We got some amazing treasures! Yippee :-)

Catherine said...

This must have been procured at the famous Quilt Store in the Village, no? I used to live in Austin and no fabric store has measured up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails