3.23.2010

Warning: Loads of photos ahead

We had a great time on our trip to Texas!

We hit all the tourist haunts in San Antonio, including the Riverwalk, the Alamo...

The Crockett Hotel is actually *behind* the Alamo.


....the Witte Museum...

A Mexican textiles exhibit included beautiful embroidery and my Fiestaware dishes.


...and Hemisfair Park...

San Antonio has some amazing public art.


...which includes the Tower of the Americas.

The Novak Family finally feels short!


Then on to Austin where we had the best time hanging with Jay, Courtney, Maya, and Benjamin!

Dork alert! We are comparing our favorite upcoming fabric lines in our jammies.


And we left the house to get Cupcakes....

Hey, Cupcake!, where they actually give you FREE WHIPPED CREAM!


...and then walked the cupcakes off at Zilker Botanical Gardens....

Jaxon really wanted to be one of the big kids. We keep having to role play -- I'm Maya and he is Benjamin.


...where we had a beautiful view of the skyline.


And next I'll share a couple of things that came home with me! More photos at Flickr.

6 comments:

The WoodLand School said...

Yippee and hooray! We so enjoyed visiting with you ... and can't wait to invade you! :-)

Corinne said...

Fun! Of course that embroidery is catching my eye the most :)
Can't wait to read more about it

MJ said...

LOL! I loved the photo of you studying fabric lines in your pjs!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a great time! Although, I'm not surprised -- cupcakes were involved LOL!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never been to San Antonio but love Austin. We usually get cupcakes at this Airstream they have set up downtown near Hill Country Weavers. Yum!

calicodaisy said...

Love San Antonio! I went to college at Trinity U, so it's a special town to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails